Administrative and Events Associate VISTA
No. of Positions Available:
EFEC’s mission is to support education and the intellectual and emotional growth of students, specifically focusing on equitable access to in-school enrichment, mental health services, and efforts to recognize and retain top teacher talent. EFEC believes an equitable education for all youth, regardless of socio-economic background, is crucial to alleviating poverty and allowing every person an opportunity to contribute to society.
EFEC is based in Eagle County, Colorado, a rural mountain community adjacent to the White River National Forest and two world-renowned ski resorts within 15 min of each other. The area is quite philanthropic and home to 250+ nonprofits creating a very competitive climate for donor retention.
EFEC’s role is crucial for communicating the importance of quality education, the challenges facing underfunded schools, and the damaging results of state funding shortfalls. Despite the school district’s proximity to mountain resorts, families of students and the educators who serve them struggle to survive. Eagle County has a large, recognizable socio-economic gap that has been identified by the Colorado Health Foundation as one of four rural areas with the greatest inequities. An EFEC VISTA can enjoy a beautiful outdoor environment within an actively collaborative community serving a large population with remarkable needs.
Immediately (One-year position)
Example of Duties:
• Email – create and schedule monthly electronic newsletter
• Social Media – create and manage calendar and platforms
• Google Docs – manage content and folders
• CO Gives Day – participate in Eagle County Gives meetings and committee of choice
• Non-Profit Management
• Fundraising/Grant Writing
• Team Work
• Public Speaking
• Community Organization
• Problem Solving Skills
• Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend upon successful completion of service
• Opportunity to have housing provided
• Living Allowance
• Health Coverage
• Relocation Allowance
About AmeriCorps VISTA
Since 1965, over 220,000 AmeriCorps members in the VISTA program have joined the fight against poverty by helping local organizations expand their capacity to make change. The VISTA program serves in each of the 50 U.S. states and in all U.S. territories.
Through capacity building activities such as fundraising, grant writing, research, and volunteer recruitment AmeriCorps members in the VISTA program serve in an office setting and gain experience and leadership skills. This opportunity prepares members for a life of service in the public, private, or nonprofit sector.
Apply and join thousands of AmeriCorps members in the AmeriCorps VISTA program who are united in our mission to lift people and communities out of poverty.
Members receive a modest bi-weekly living allowance to cover basic expenses.
Professional Development Training
Members have the opportunity to attend in-person and virtual training to learn how to be a community development change agent.
Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE)
AmeriCorps VISTA is the only AmeriCorps program that allows members to earn federal non-competitive eligibility, giving members an edge in the federal hiring process.
End of Service Award
Members can choose between a Segal Education Award (valued at approximately $6,000) to pay for a range of education expenses or a $1,800 cash stipend.
• Be 18 years or older (no upper age limit)
• Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.