Save the Date: Saturday, February 01, 2020
Location: Dobson Arena, Vail
Doors Open at 5:30pm | Runway Competition 7:00pm
Project Funway 2020 application process is now closed. Designers have been notified.
New for 2020: Because design spots have become increasingly competitive, EFEC has created a new designer application process. We ask all interested designers to please submit a completed online application including materials, concept, construction thoughts, and sketches or photos to demonstrate design ideas. An unlimited number of applications will be accepted until Dec. 1, 2019. Designers will be notified by Dec. 16 if their design will make the runway competition. Please note: there is a $25 tax-deductible application fee. Selected designs will receive FREE designer entry.
Help EFEC promote this event while serving Eagle County! Join the Project Funway Impact Team Today
View event slide show including designs, models, and materials for each design at the 2019 event.
The EVENT: This unconventional fashion event challenges amateur designers to create unique garments out of anything but fabric and send them down a runway to be critiqued by expert judges. The challenge is to raise funds for E•ƒ(ec). The approach is avant-garde and FUN.
Contact Us TODAY To Be A 2020 Sponsor.
- Two runway shows presenting each age group design category (Adult and Youth)
- First, second, and third place prizes for winners and an overall Best in Show award
- Event features dining, drinks, runway shows, live student art installations, and live paddle raise benefiting E•ƒ(ec) programs, classroom equity grants, educator professional development, and mental health support programs.
- Any materials you can think of... BUT FABRIC ... the more creative use of the materials the better. **Materials branded with logos are discouraged. Promoting a cause other than E•ƒ(ec)'s mission focus is not permitted.
- Adult design competition is for designers ages 19 and up
- Youth design competition has two categories (ages 12 and under; or ages 13-18)
- Youth designs must be created and constructed by a youth who is within the age range of the of the corresponding category (please limit parental guidance).
- Amateurs are welcomed and encouraged!
- Model your own design, grab your supermodel friend, OR we will provide a model for you